Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore Elite Sensor Smart Gas Dryer that will not

I have a Kenmore Elite Sensor Smart Gas Dryer that will not start when start button is pushed. when pushed makes three beeps and flashes the time for the setting that was choosen . no coode comes up

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you resend the model number ? it didn't come through, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay perfect, Do you have a volt meter and know how to check continuity ? We need to check the thermal fuse. Thermal Fuse(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product Viewthis is by far the most common failure in these dryers.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay great the thermal fuse is located on the blower assembly just behind the access panel under the door. unplug the dryer and take at least one wire off the thermal fuse and check it for continuity. the thermal fuse is number 59 on this diagram.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is continuity with the wires off

okay, next check the door switch, Door Switch 279347 Main Product View basically the same way. there could be more than two wires though one for the light when the door is open. also make sure the metal part that the door hits to activate the switch isn't broken off also.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

door switch has continuity when button is pushed in , but it looks like part of the switch is broken.some type of metal spring.

ah, thats what going on. is it where I put an arrow where it seems to be broken ? graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay you need to replace that. you can order just the metal part. Door Strike(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product Viewits $4.00 at this link. sorry it took so long its real busy, have a great night and thanks, Bryan