Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have an Amana Tandem and it wont go through all they cycles

We have an Amana Tandem and it won't go through all they cycles without us having to manually do it. For example, once it completes washing, the machine will stop, it will start beeping then we have to turn it off then switch it to the rinse and spin. We have to do that again to get it to go to drain and spin. Do you have any recommendations?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

7300 Tandem

When the machine starts beeping, are there lights flashing or any fault codes on the display? Does the water drain out fast if you select a drain cycle and look at the drain hose?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The machine beeps but I don't know where to see a code. I'm unable to see if the water is running out quickly.

What happens if you just leave it to beep, will it eventually stop?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, it keeps beeping until we go in and turn it off then manually set it to the next cycle.

Okay, and do you notice if there is water in the tub?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is

Great! You will need to clean out the pump filter. Remove the bottom panel (number 5 below).

Behind that panel is the pump, number 9 below. The filter, number 15, will unscrew and allow for cleaning. That should remedy your trouble!

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have at no additional charge.

Thank you for a positive feedback rating!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My problem is not fixed. What else can I try?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The instructions did not correct my problem.

I am not sure why you rated Bad Service? Did you clear the pump filter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes we did clear it. It's still getting stuck between cycles.

is it still stopping at the same time and water inside?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes sir.

Does the water drain all the way out when you restart it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There's no water in the tub...where should I check?

Okay, remove the three screws at the back of the top panel and pull the panel off. In the RR corner is the pressure switch. It has a very small hose attached to it. Remove that hose and blow through it. Does air easily pass?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We will try that. Can we ask follow up questions later? We are about to go out for the evening.

Of course, you can ask until we get it figured out!