Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

on a maytag 3000 series dryer a fault code cf1,cf2,cf3 shows

on a maytag 3000 series dryer a fault code cf1,cf2,cf3 shows in display have reset power check lint filter can not clear display. any help

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you get us the full model number off the tag inside the door ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model # XXXXX

okay give me a few minutes to get the info up. Does this start ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

okay we need to test the thermal fuse. Thermal Fuse(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View do you have a volt meter ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, but can i hold this at this point i have appoin tment i have to make . can i use this order # XXXXX get back with you in a couple hours. did not know what i was getting into whwn i started. thanks

sure no problem, talk then, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am back . unplugged the thermal fuse checked good with meter. what is next step?

Okay, check the door switch next. same way for continuity.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

switch is good but while checking it my wife says problem started when the sensor cycles dryness button was pressed in and now we realized that the button was stuck in and would not pop back out. a little persuasion the switch was out and dryer works ok. i know you eventually would have gotten there. thank you

Oh Wow thats great to hear, yeah we don't usually jump right to that its usually not whats going on but I'm so glad you got it going, good job, thanks and have a very nice weekend ! well wishes, Bryan P.S. now at least you know a few things to check if the dryer dies for another reason ! LOL have a great night.