Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE Refrigerator, Model # XXXXX BS. The bracket

I have a GE Refrigerator, Model # XXXXX BS. The bracket that causes the ice maker to push ice out through the front panel of the freezer is broken. Can that part be replaced and how much would it cost to have an appliance technician do this repair.

Note: Ice is being produced.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today, give me a few mionutes to look up your model, thanks Bryan

Is it part of the auger assembly thats broken ?Ice Bucket Housing WR17X11505      Main Product View

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I can not tell -- all I can see is the two-pronged metal fittings that go into the ice maker bucket

Okay try this first, open the door and then push the button in that turns the light off. push for ice, does that fork turn ? (the two prong metal part your talking about)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The fork does not turn ...it is loose --makes a loud noise --

okay. can you turn that fork by hand ? is it loose ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

alright, whats going on is the fork has stripped on the motor shaft. Drive Cam WR02X11941 Main Product Viewits called a drive cam. if your lucky and the motor shaft is okay and they usually are a tech can replace the cam only. the cam is under $6.00 and the labor is usually around $80.00 , thats a normal service call. if you let them know the cam is stripped they can bring one with them and save a trip charge to come back.