Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

I have a Sub-Zero model 650/F and the freezer door is jammed,

I have a Sub-Zero model 650/F and the freezer door is jammed, shut the unit down and closed the ice making machine, after waiting 24 hours I noticed that the seal is fine however the door is jammed, how do I remove this bottom door, Help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Linda my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Well to remove the drawer it has to pull out. Have you tried working it side to side as you pull?

Also along the bottom is that wet around the gasket?

Thanks,
Barry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have tried pulling the drawer by moving it side to side. We also noticed yesterday a very light drip on either side of the door however this morning there is nothing apparent. Cannot pull or move the door/drawer at all.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
There may be a screw that has backed out in the rail that is catching or if the drawer was open a crack it may have iced the rails. 24 hours is a long time, I would have thought it would have thawed by now if it were frozen.

Truly the only way it can be removed or disassembled is from the front and it has to come out. I have included the document below that shows how to remove it. Scroll to the last page. CLICK HERE FOR FILE.

You might open the fresh food door and try twisting clockwise and pulling or the opposite direction and pulling. You could try adding heat and more time just in case it is frozen in. If it gets to the point you feel you may damage the drawer you may be better off calling a tech and let his company be responsible for any damage.

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link, please ask if you do.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your prompt response, we have looked and tried removing the freezer door, the file you sent does not go into much detail and is pretty generic, unfortunately the next step will be to call the repairman!
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome Linda, that is the only file Subzero made for that door. Is it still stuck shut?

Barry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It will not budge, we dismantled as much as we could but were not successful at opening it. The tech will be coming on Wednesday and to his knowledge (he is a Sub-Zero authorized repairman) has never encountered or heard of this type of problem with this make. It will probably be a costly repair..... Thank you for your last response.