Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Cooling off light is on...refrig not running...HELP

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Look in the fresh food section up near the top for model/serial sticker and post the model number. I need the model to be able to see the diagrams.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

G16SARXXF02

Thank you David, may I ask how you tried to reset the refrigerator?

Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Turned Power off for 30 seconds.

That is how you do it, what is showing on the display?

Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Cooling Off

Do any of the buttons on the display respond to touch, also does anything such as water at the dispenser work?

I cannot see the buttons on your display from the diagram, does yours have 6 selections?

Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No water from water dispenser. Yes, there are 6 selections.

Press and hold the first 2 selections at the left for 4 seconds, I do not know this will work but it is an exit and is supposed to reset the control. Let me know.

Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Panel lights back on. O1 is blinking

That is in try one more time to exit and reset. At least the control is responding.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tried to reset again. 01 still blinking. Replace Filter sign had been on

It should have went back out of service mode. There are 3 methods of exit, lets try the next one unplug it for more than 20 seconds.

Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ice maker light back on, but Cooling Off light still on.

Well the 01 is a check so the control did make a part check and the 01=pass so it passed the check. The control is working somewhat.

That is as far as I can go, I do not want to waste more of your time. There are other techs that work here and someone may have seen the problem. I will relist your question for everyone. They will be able to see what we have tried so far.

Thank you,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your help....so what do we do now...will we get a reply SOON?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today,

Good morning I see you still need help, I'm Bryan a different tech, Let me take a look at your model. Be right back.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you...we appreciate your efforts!

Okay this refrigerator had the W10226427 control board which they had a lot of trouble with. Control Board W10226427       Main Product View I have replaced many of these boards, in fact these are starting to sell out and my normal supply house is out of stock. Sears does have it in stock however.you can order this from them. heres a link. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Whirlpool-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/W10226427/0046/106/Model-GI6SARXXF02/1198/0161000?keySuffixId=N A&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=W1103128&diagramPageId=00001&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=GI6SARXXF02&subCompDesc=Cabinet%20parts&brandDesc=WHIRLPOOL&modelDesc=REFRIGERATOR&blt=11&shdMod=GI6SARXXF02&keyId=36 its located on the back of the refrigerator part number 36 on this diagram. the board will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve your issue. I hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Are you still on ?