Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

Kitchenaid side x side Mod# XXXXX The front face of the

Kitchenaid side x side Mod# XXXXX The front face of the wall seperaring the frez and the refer at a point that about level with the top of the ice despenser Is too hot to rest your finger on it. This is a black trim pc that runs from top to bottom.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Go around behind the refrigerator. Remove the lower panel. Is the fan back there operating?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

Okay I thought that may be the problem. Leave that cover off. Put a window fan back there blowing from the rear underneath to the front. If the refrigerator cools normally and that strip between the doors also cools some after 12 hours replace that fan motor. That will take care of the problem.

If you need a part number let me know, you will need to recheck the model number then post it.

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Part number would be great. I have placed an 8" 3-sped fan blowing from back to front.

Can you suggest the best web site from which to order the motor?

Thanks for your help.

Absolutely I will do that. Could you look around on the refrigerator usually in the fresh food section for the model number please and check it. All KSCS model numbers will have KSCS followed by two numbers such as 25 for example and most have 4 letters after that.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

KSCS251

Thank you I am checking, that gets me down to 20 models, I will go through them and be sure all of the fan motors are the same.

Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks-

Thank you for waiting. Any KSCS25i model, there is no KSCS251. Out of the 20 they all use the same motor. I have posted a link to a website owned by people I know will do a good job for you. The part comes with a new fan blade, a new wiring harness and a new motor. Just click below.

https://www.appliancezone.com/ShowProduct.aspx?ID=9445&r=br549

Please do not forget to leave a rating.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I WAS LOOKING AT TAG INSIDE OF DOOR. BEHIND THE MILK WAS A SILVER TAG WITH P/N & S/N.

PART#; KSCS25INSS00

THE PART # YOU FURNISHED FOR FAN IS FOR A WLIRLPOOL. ONE AND THE SAME?

I am sure it is but let me double check. Whirlpool does make Kitchenaid parts. Give me about 1 minute.

Barry
I double checked at Kitchenaid and it is the correct part number for your model. If you will click the image below you can see where to scroll through and find your model number. I already have and underlined it in the image for you.

Thanks,
Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Barry- I spoke with you last week re K>Aid refer that was running hot. You had me ck the cooling fan & it was in-op. I ordered/installed the one you recommended. It ran fine for 3-4 days and again stopped. I checked voltage at the fan connecter and got 118.5v. I checked resistance of fan motors at the connecters and got a zero reading on both. Any further thoughts? If motors OK, can I rewire them to the input line so that it runs 24-7?

Thanks-

Tim

Hi Tim you can wire the connector to the compressor wiring by making some jumpers but if you have 118 voltage at the connector you have a bad motor even if it is new. That is all it needs to operate. Wire it to a regular wall outlet an check.

Thanks,
Barry