Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

I have an old frigidaire upright commercial frost free freezer

Customer Question

I have an old frigidaire upright commercial frost free freezer It needs a new door gasket/rubber but I cannot make out the model number of the freezer other than it ends with "064DW4" Can you help me ID the model so I can buy the correct part Thanks in advance
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

I believe I can, let me try. Is it possible to put a picture of it on photobucket.com and send me a link so I can see it please along with the model sticker?

Inside and outside.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The model sticker is badly deteriorated and the characters "064DW4" are barely visible to the naked eye. I checked on Frigidaire's page and see their freezer models end with the letters FW HW and so on I imagine DW would be some earlier series but I have no access to manufacturer catalogs and such My freezer looks like model FFUF5HW and has identical dimensions and internal layout Hope this helps

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.

This may take a while Gregory, I have tried every prefix to the numbers you have there that I know by heart. I have resorted to service manuals, I am going through them one by one. Please be patient, I will do my very best.

Thanks,
Barry

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
I have looked everywhere I could think of and I cannot find it. I will relist your question for everyone to view, maybe someone else will have better luck.

Take care,
Barry
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Does the interior door look similar to the picture below?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Similar except my freezer has six (6) shelves on the door and the shelf retainers look thicker (they are 2" wide) than those in the illustration Frigidaire model FFU2065FW looks like a dead ringer for my appliance same dimensions and all I just want to ensure that I get a compatible part or else take a gamble Thanks in advance

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Can you measure the gasket dimensions? Are they about 31" x 65 1/2"?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes! Exactly and about 11/2" width Any chance of a Part. Number and source? Thanks a mil!

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Frigidaire service tech and I can help you today if you still need it?

The door gasket for your machine is part numberNNN-NN-NNNNand should cost about $100. The reason your model is so hard to research and find is because it has been discontinued by Frigidaire and is replaced by the model you list above. It has all the same parts with some being updated for performance. The gasket however is exactly the same dimensions. And is actually the same gasket period.

You can order the part by calling this number 1-877-821-4170. The number is XXXXX the single biggest appliance parts distributor in the USA. Use that number and tel the parts rep that you need the part number above and they will send it out to you next day.

Please feel free to get back in touch with me here if you need any help installing the gasket and I will help you more. Or if you need help ordering the part I will help you with that as well.

Please remember to rate my performance positively below with ok service or better rating so that I may get credit from the website for helping you. And again, if you have more questions, even after positively rating my performance, please feel free to get back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks and please let me know how you make out.
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Oh, I am sorry but I forgot to tell you what your model number was. I apologize. Your model number is XXXXX Please keep this model number for future reference. Again, the door gasket part number you need isNNN-NN-NNNN You can view a picture to your machine which will have the parts list of the door to your machine by copying and pasting the link below to your browser. Just open the picture and you will see your door gasket as diagram part number 1. And if you look up the parts list info you will find the part number I gave you above. Here is the link. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Frigidaire-Parts/Freezer-Parts/Model-FFU2064DW4/1428/0142000/R0509073/00001?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=FFU2064DW4 If you have any trouble viewing the parts link please get back to me here and I will try to download a copy of it here for you. Please get back to me here if you need any other help. Thanks.

PS- Marcone will honor the cheapest price you find so if the part is cheaper at sears please tell marcone and they will give you that price. If not, just order it from sears or any other on line source or nearest appliance parts distributor to you.

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the positive rating and very generous bonus. It is greatly appreciated.

Should you need any other help or have any other questions or concerns with this machine please feel free to get back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.