Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
70080267

have a maytag dryer model # XXXXX it will only work on

have a maytag dryer model # XXXXX it will only work on fluff dry the rest of the settings it only hums
Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992.
If your dryer motor actually starts on fluff cycle and not others, it is the timer that is the issue with the appliance. Let me pull the wiring diagram on the unit, and i will be right back. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the timer was replaced to help solve this problem and it didn't solve it could it be the 3 position temp switch

You would have an open contact in the temperature selector switch which will also cut off power to the motor if you try to select other settings.
Part# 33001228
The part is coming up no longer available. But i did find one on Ebay.
You can go to Ebay, put the part number in, and it will pull it up.
Or do a Google search.
The temp switch can be replaced by removing the rear panel to the dryer on the back console. And removing the wiring direct to the replacement.
Hope this helps you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

could it be anything else or is there a way to check the switch before I spend any more money

There is really nothing else. Normally it is the timer, but since you have installed one and still having the issue you can ohm out the selector switch with a ohm meter.
Unplug the dryer from power and do some resistance checks.
One lead on the blue wire going in, and the other on one of the white, red, or orange leads. Check for any resistance when turning the switch on different settings.
The air fluff should be the orange wire. You can switch the orange and red and your dryer should come on fluff and ( heat also though )