Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I cant find my manual! How do I set my self-cleaning electric

Customer Question

I can't find my manual! How do I set my self-cleaning electric Frigidaire oven to self-clean? I've had it for about 10 years, and have always used the manual in the past...)

Thanks!

Dottie
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry -- can't find a model number. Just says, "Fridgidaire Self Cleaning Oven" on it. I've cleaned it about once a year in the past, but had the manual then. Can't find it now!

It is the electric double oven model.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The model number should be on a tag on the oven opening once the door is opened.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

oops -- looked in wrong door.

MDD FEF455WCB-C

Ser. NF64003977

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Have you set the start time and end time on the clock?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No -- I can't remember how to do that!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Try pressing the left button until it says start times and then turn the dial to the desired time. Then, do the same for the end time. Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope -- nothing happens. Should I turn the two knobs to self-cleaning? Nothing happens then either.

Can you please just fax the instructions to me, 909/797-7473. Home office. No cover sheet needed.

Thanks!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The instructions are below!

To Start the Self-Clean Cycle
*We recommend a2 hour self-clean cycle for Fight soils, a3 hour cycle for average
soils, and a 4 hour cycle for heavy soils (to assure satisfactory results)
To Set the Controls:
t. Make sure the clock is set to the correct time of day
2. Push and hold START button until the control beeps and the words START
TIME appear in the left side of the display.
3, Turn SET knob clockwise until desired starting time is reached
.If you want the clean cycle to start now and shut off automatically, push START
button, the control will beep once and the words STOP TIME will appear in the
left side of the display. Then the word AUTO will come on to indicate that
the clean cycle will begin immediately
4, If you want to start the clean cycle at adelayed time and shut off automatically,
turn SET knob until stop time is 3 hours later than start time,, Example: If the
start time and clock read 1:00, set the STOP TIME for 4:00. Push STARTbutton_
the control will beep once and the words STOP TIME will appear in the left side
of the display. Then the word AUTO will flash continuously to indicate that the
clean cycle will begin at a delayed time.,
5, Toreview start and stop time settings before automatic cycle begins, push and
hold START button until START TIME appears; push second time to display
STOP TIME and once more to return to automatic control mode,
.When changing start and stop times, time will increase and decrease in 5
minute increments
6. Turn the selector and temperature controls to CLEAN.
7. The motor driven lock wilt begin to close the oven door automatically and the
oven cleaning light will come on as soon as the controls are set (It takes about
t5 seconds for the lock to close the door)
8 After the desired cleaning time has elapsed, the control wilt beep once and the
word AUTO will stop flashing but stays on during cleaning
-To cancel automatic cleaning cycle, push the STOP/CANCEL button
twice
oAt the end of automatic cleaning, the timer will sound for 3 seconds, AUTO
will flash continuously to indicate end of automatic cycle. Alarm will continue
to sound 1[2 second every !0 seconds for 15 minutes or until STOP/CANCEL
button is pushed,
9 Turn the selector and temperature controls to OFF.
t0, The oven must now cool for about 1 hour or until the interior temperature has
dropped below 550°F, Then the oven door will unlock and the oven cleaning
light will go out, The oven door can now be opened

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have at no additional charge.

Thank you for a positive feedback rating!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks so much, Kelly. This should work. Must run to an appointment, so will clean the oven this evening.

Dottie

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good. The link below is to the manual for the Kenmore model, but the exact same controls!

CLICK HERE