Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

A sears refrigerator ,with ice maker, ice maker will not fill

A sears refrigerator ,with ice maker, ice maker will not fill with water,will not make ice !!!
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Please put a space between the model numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 if they are together they resemble a phone number and I cannot see it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ref serial #1 0 6 5 4 5 8 2 4 0 0
Thank you Robert. Are the fingers that rotate the ice out into the ice bin pointing to the right and just about 2 oclock high?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No,the fingers are pointing down at approx. 5o clock
Hold the freezer door light switch for about 2 minutes, do the fingers then start to move?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No nothing happens,tried three times to make sure, the fingers do not move
Thank you Robert, give me a few minutes to get a diagram for you and an image.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have to go now ,,,will be back approx 5:00p.m.
That will be fine I will have the answer here for you when you return.

This is how to make the repair Robert. The the ice maker module is bad. That is the bad part and contains all of the moving parts of the ice maker.

The module is the tan part under the white end cap. Unplug the refrigerator. There are 2 hex head screws that hold the ice maker on. They should be 1/4 inch screws just over the top of it and sometimes one underneath. Loosen the screws on the top and remove the one on the bottom. Lift the ice maker off the top 2 screws and follow the wires back to the wire connector and unlock then pull the connector.

You will then have the ice maker out. Remove the endcap in the picture.

Remove the wire connector from the ice maker, then remove the old module. That is the tan part under the end cap with the 3 phillips head screws.

Install the new module and then put the wire connector back in last just before putting on the end cap.

Once you get everything together plug the refrigerator cord into the wall outlet and turn everything on. The ice maker will cycle when it gets cold.
And one place that has that part online is located RIGHT HERE.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Barry, need to purchase the module assy
@ 52.50,advise,,,I will be gone until 12.00pm ,today,poss later ,advise &
I will get back to you,, or get the module on its way, you have my credit card #XXXXX advise Tks.couchpilot
That is about an average price. I recommend that website because I have used them a long time and they have a good reputation. If you wanted to try locally the part number is W10190935. That will be the part you need.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Don't have to remove the whole ice maker, you simply need to remove the white mogul
Cover and remove the modular assy. And install the new one.then wait for the unit to get cold
And start making ice!!!!!!,you did very well, thanks

Thank you for the update Robert. I have been out and will be for the next few weeks but I will be checking in the evening and weekends. Thank you for the opportunity.

Take care,