Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a bottom freezer with side by side doors on top...model

We have a bottom freezer with side by side doors on top...model number RF263AEBP. It is making a low continuous growl noise like motor is stuck but fridge and freezer are keeping temperature. What is this and can I fix this problem?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Is the noise coming from the back of the appliance or more from the inside?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not really sure but is definitely from upper part of fridge and noise stops when door is opened.

Okay, and the temperatures are good in both sections?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

temperatures are good in both sections. Just noticed a little red light on...thinking a filter sign. Could a filter need to changed? If so how do I get to filter and can I buy filter at store?

No, the filter won't make noise, but it does need to be replaced. I suspect the issue lies with the fan motor in the cover section in the back of the refrigerator. The fan blade is probably hitting something due to it being cracked. The cover assembly and the filter are both available below, are both very easy to replace! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Cover Assembly <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Filter <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have at no additional charge. I appreciate your positive feedback rating!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help, Kelly!

You are very welcome!

Thank you for allowing me to assist you!

I appreciate your positive feedback rating!