Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a Bosch Lifestlye Dishwasher that is less than 2 years

I have a Bosch Lifestlye Dishwasher that is less than 2 years old. It will come on but I can't get it to start a cycle. I can't change cycles either - it seems to be frozen on the cycle I last used. I've tried turning it off at the wall but that hasn't helped.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

If the unit is frozen that is unfortunately very common. You need to replace the computer board, just make sure you have left it off for at least a full 2 minutes at the power source before trying it. If it still is frozen you need to replace the main computer board. You would need to take the console apart to get at it. There are screws on the inside panel edge and sides to get the console out to remove the board and replace it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Over the weekend I went through the instruction booklet again & I found at the back that there is a little plastic switch up inside at the top of the unit (top, front, middle) - that is a child safety switch. I live on my own but my parents were with me last week & we must have moved that by mistake & that was the issue. Once I moved that back it worked fine.

Maybe I didn't give you enough information.

Ok yes just a little too much info since that would have been easier to diagnose. Sorry about that!