Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Appliance Doc, I found your answer on the SE1000 control board

Appliance Doc, I found your answer on the SE1000 control board helpful.
I have a SE1000 Series 01 Ser #326614 TC. Yesterday when I went to use it the only buttons that would work were the Regular Wash button and the Regular Dry button. Could not shut it off with the off buttons. I could only shut it down with the breaker. They when I turned the breaker back on the mentioned buttons would not work. Two or three trips and it might work. Go away for 30 minutes and it might work. Reg Wash or Reg Dry, but not at the same time.
Control board or touch pad? What's your best guess.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So while there is really no way to test without a ribbon cable tester (which I'm assuming you do not have), this definitely sounds like a faulty touchpad, not a control board. The part is still available which is nice because most of these touchpads have been discontinued. That being said, I would recommend ordering through Repairclinic.com because they are one of the very few places that allow you to return electronic parts if you end up not needing them unlike most appliance parts stores. Below is a link to the touchpad from Repairclinic.com

CLICK HERE

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!