Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

front load whirlpool washer faint glow of power button and

front load whirlpool washer faint glow of power button and the lock door buttonis on. Waher will not start and there is no dispaly lights
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Your user interface control has likely gone bad. That was a very common issue on that unit. they have upgraded the control and it now is a lot better. Here is a link to the part you need. Just copy and paste the link into your address bar.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/User-Control-and-Display-Board/W10319816/1615762?RCAID=1000099
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was initially washing and pressed the pause button to add another garment, opened the door, added the garment, closed the door and all display lights went out. There is a very faint amber glow on the power button.

What is the interface control and are there "pre symptoms" to this control going out? Never experienced any problems prior to this. Is this part expensive ? This control sounds like the mother board on a computer, is it?

It is a computer board that is actually behind all of the buttons your press. You can try and unplug the unit for 30 secs and plug it back in, but typically when one of the indicators on the console glow dim that board is bad. The link I provided shows you the control and you can purchase it there. Just scroll over the link and copy it then paste highlight over whatever is in your address bar and paste it in its place and press enter it should take you right there.