Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

i have a frigidaire frs26kf6ebb that is not keeping refrigerator

i have a frigidaire frs26kf6ebb that is not keeping refrigerator temp down. the lowest i can get it is 40. freezor is doing great. refrigerator is cool but not to the temp it need to be. i am about 5 degrees off. evap fan and everything is working fine.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

You need to check a couple things. First check and see if the evaporator is all frosted over. If it is frosted up you have a defrosting issue. If not check the damper in the upper left hand corner of the refrigerator. It was very common for the damper to break and get stuck closed. So if the damper door is stuck closed then you have a damper issue. If you do you need to replace the damper control.
Here is a link to the damper control, if you need anything else let me know.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Damper-Control-Assembly/241600905/1194800?RCAID=1000099
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well the damper is opening due to the fact that its 40F. what thermostat on this unit controls damper adjustment

Are you sure the damper is open? If it is only getting to 40 the damper should be wide open unless the control is closing the damper before it gets cold enough. If the damper is closed the refrigerator will get warmer. The thermostat for the refrigerator controls the damper and so does the freezer control. Double check it to make sure it is actually wide open.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yeah its open I think damper is closing to soon. what is part number

for themostat

NNN-NN-NNNN