Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

We have a KitchenAide refrigerator (KBFA25ERSS01) that was

We have a KitchenAide refrigerator (KBFA25ERSS01) that was in the house when my wife and I purchased the home last year. After about 8 months of living here the water spout stopped letting out water. Every time we try to use the water the refrigerator makes a sputtering sound. The ice machine also stopped working.

Spoke to the prior owner and he said that he would take a blow dryer and try to heat the valve from the inside. He said that the water would work for another 6 months until it happened again.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Ok if both are not working you may have a water supply issue or a bad dual valve. To test the valve go behind the unit and remove the panel. Take the couple screws to get the valve out. Press the rings in to pull the 2 tubes out of the valve. Once the tubes are disconnnected (the small one for the icemaker and the larger one for the dispenser.....have someone press the dispenser briefly. If water shoots out of the valve then the line is frozen. It would be frozen typically where the coil of tubing is behind the drawers. You would to defrost the unit to get it clear. If nothing comes out and the valve humms check the water supply to the valve. Now the icemaker may be bad or you may have a frozen line to the icemaker as well, but the line usually only gets frozen in the fill tube itself to the icemaker.