Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a top loading lg ModelWT4801CW. I was washing a load

I have a top loading lg ModelWT4801CW. I was washing a load of clothes and I checked on the cycle a little after starting and the panel has nothing on it and the lid is licked with water in it. I pushed buttons and nothing happens.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

if your sure the socket has power and nothing on the washer is on, no light or power it means the noise filter has failed. Noise Filter 6201EC2002J     Main Product View this is in the control panel. check for 120 volts going into this from the plug and 120 volts going out. this is put into the machine to keep the electronics from interfering with other electronic devices in you home. heres a link to order the part.