Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Jenn-Air convection oven Model SVD48600. I set the

I have a Jenn-Air convection oven Model SVD48600. I set the self-cleaning function last night and, although the oven cleaned through the night and has now cooled, the door is still locked. In trying to push buttons to get it to unlock I got an F3 message but that is now gone. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciatd!

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning. I can tell you the F3 is a failed temp sensor. (probe) Oven Sensor 12001656        Main Product View thats an easy fix once the oven is open but getting the oven open isn't easy unfortunately, this sensor tells the control the oven temp and when they fail the control thinks the oven is still hot and wont open the lock until it thinks its cool again. you really cant push any buttons to make this unlock. the only way to get the door open at this point is to first try shutting the power off for 5 minutes and then turn it back on. If your lucky the door will then unlock, if not you will need to take a coat hanger and make a hook at the end , feed it in between the door and the oven and pull the latch over by hand. (this can be tough) your latch hook pulls to the left its number 22 on this diagram. if you get this open the sensor is sticking out of the back wall of the oven and is easy to replace. heres a link to order it. if you cant get this unlocked call a tech to do it so you don't damage anything else. I hope this helps. thanks, Bryan.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the suggestions. Turning the power off (twice) didn't work. Unfortunately, I don't see any hook as pictured in the figure you sent. What I see are two silver posts with a white bar of sorts in between them. The white piece is closer to post on the right than the one on the left. I can get a hook in between the white piece and the right post but cannot get any movement of the white piece and don't want to force anything. 1) Is the white piece the lock? 2)Should I continue to try to pull the white piece, and if so, how hard? Also, 3) should the power be on or off as I am doing this? Can you SMS me at XXX-XXX-XXXX when you have sent your reply? THANKS
the latch hook looks like this but you wont really see it with the door closed and have to bend the coat hanger so you can get it between the door and the body of the oven, pull it to the left and if needed push the door in slightly as you pull over. like I said above this can be hard to open.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will try this now and get back to you within 1/2 hr.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I got the door open and now please guide me through finding the sensor so that I might replace it. ThanksNot to worry, I have the sensor out and have ordered a replacement. Thanks for your help.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How can I get the fan to turn off before the sensor is replaced? I think that otherwise I'm good to go
I'm sorry i was offline, had to run out. the best thing to do is shut the power off until you can replace the sensor. the sensor is keeping the fan running thinking it hot.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, Thanks again.

your very welcome , have a great weekend. thanks, Bryan