Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The door latch is not working. It appears the spring/springs

The door latch is not working. It appears the spring/springs are broken or have let go. i can't see inside the door and I can see not way of taking i apart.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

You need to get a putty knife or small screwdirver to pop the trim bezel off around the door frame. Often though you may break the bezel tabs as they are one way lock clips. The trim bezel will come off and almost looks like it is one piece with the frame but it is not...just pry on it and you will see it does come off. Like I said though you may break it, but that is something that even seasoned techs do as it is plastic.