Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

hi there we got a kenmore gas dryer XXXXXXXXXXX while it

Customer Question

hi there
we got a kenmore gas dryer XXXXXXXXXXX
while it was working my wife open the door to add one more t-shirt to dry when she close the door nothing happend, looks like there is no power excpet when u open the drum door the drums light comes on, i was guessing its a board which is in a side of dryer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Can you put some spaces between the model number as it shows up all XXXXX on my end
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1 1 0 9 5 0 8 9 4 0 1

Ok thanks,

Make sure the door switch is working. Second there is a belt switch on the unit. Confirm the belt is not broken and check that switch. That is the only two things that would really stop the motor from turning. If it is not that you may have a bad board. That is located in the top left side of the unit. You need to remove the top of the unit to get at it. Sometimes the wires come loose. If you have a meter you can check from P9-1 terminal to neutral for 120 volts when you turn it on. If you have it there the belt switch or wires to the motor have come off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will check the door switch, but there is no power or lights on display, is there any thing else I should check on the board or display?

Ok if there is no power to the display and the drum light works your touchpad assembly may have taken a dump, that was kinda common. Check the main control board for damage and then check the ribbon cable to the touchpad. Here is a link to the pad.

CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no damage on control board and the ribbon cables are not loose. how can I find out the power coming to the display board?

Look inside the unit on the inner wall when the lower panel is removed there is a tech sheet taped to the wall in a bag. They have the entire testing procedufre spelled out as you will have a bit of checking to do. Now typically if it is totally dead with nothing a lot of times the main board has failed and is not supplying power to the touchpad, but check it out to make sure. Also not if you buy parts from my link you can return them even after they have been installed in case you get it wrong.
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I haven't fix the dryer yet? Yesterday I got a new contorl board but nothing,
There is just drum's light that's it.
Your main power board could be bad. You can send that other board back, but there is nothing else I can think of if that would cause that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u 4 your concern I'll let u know, thanks again.
ok