Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

my washer was over loaded with towels and i didnt want to

my washer was over loaded with towels and i didn't want to put wet towels on my parents laundry room floor. so i let it continue. my dad saw this and unpluged the washer. he put theplug back in and told me to take half out a rewash it. now the washer will not start. it starts and spins but the water is not gettinng out. HELP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

What is the make and model of the washer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Fisher & Paykel eco smart

okay then unplug the unit for 2 full minutes and plug it back in advance the cycle to spin and see if water pump out if it does not listen to see if the pump is running. if it does not sound like anything is running you want to have to tip the machine up against the wall and drain the water out manually by removing the lower hose. You could then release the lock lover on the pump and turn it counter clockwise to drop the pump out of the unit to see if anything is jammed in it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes it sounds like it wants to start but nothing

Tip it against the wall. Under it on the right side you we'll see a black impeller try to turn it, it should turn very free if it does not you have a sock or something in the pump.

Why the Bad Service rating...its 4:25am I am trying to help you

Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its turning just fine but the washer still does not start. I did the rating only because i am so frustrated. sorry thats not your fault

Does the washer even light up or anything? Also when you checked the pump did it have any signs of corrosion or leaking? Also can you please change my rating