Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

SMH9187ST operates when the door is open.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! It is just the fan and maybe the light operating, correct? No heat being generated?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure how to check. It's startling. How can I see and not be in danger?

Well, there are several factors that would have to be met for the magnetron to be getting voltage, a triple failure with all the right faults, so I seriously doubt it is heating. The issue you have is that one of the door switches is closing when it should not. Did you disconnect any of the door switch wires when you repaired the latch and perhaps get one hooked up incorrectly?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No only touched the spring and latch. Nothing else was involved in the repair.

Okay, so one of the door switches has failed. I would replace both the top and bottom switches, as if one has failed, they all are the same age and may fail as well. The switches are very inexpensive and may be purchased at the link below! You will need two of the same switch. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Door Switch <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have at no additional charge.

I appreciate your positive feedback rating!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are actually 3 switches. top and bottom are SZM-V16-FD-63 and middle is SZM-V16-FD- 62

Yes, the middle is the monitor switch and is only in the circuit to prevent the magnetron from firing when the door is open. If that was bad, the machine would be totally dead.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK thanks. Parts are ordered and the bottom switch is broken.

Great, you will be up and running in no time! Well done!