Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Scholtes oven (Model BC 199DT P XA - Serial No.103030627)

Customer Question

I have a Scholtes oven (Model BC 199DT P XA - Serial No.103030627) which was purchased about 18 months ago. It has been working well but recently, after having a had a small fire in the kitchen and resultant smoke damage, it is no longer working.
After switching on at the mains, the fan starts to work, the light in the oven works when the door is opened. But after about 10 mins none of the normal displays in the control panel appear except for an "F12" fault. I realise that the unit has an automatic diagnostic system but do not know what to do with respect to this malfunction. Can you tell me what the F12 fault actually means and what to do to correct it?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

That code is a faulty temperature sensor code. Get an ohm meter and unplug the temperature sensor. It should read 500-600ohms at room temp. If it is out of range replace it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK but where do I find the temperature sensor? At the back of the unit or elsewhere? I have an electronics engineer with whom I work and who can help me but I know he will ask for a circuit diagram? Any idea how I can get my hands on one?

I do not know where you could get the diagram from, but the temp sensor should be located inside the unit at the back. It should look like a probe sicking out in the upper right or left corner of the oven.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found it and checked the resistance. It looked OK at 535 ohms. Any further suggestions?
You have a defective control board. They had problems with the controls doing that and the fire may have helped it out. Basically the control is not reading the sensor correctly as the fire or smoke may have damaged the board components. replace the control and it will work again.