Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I forgot where the wire connect on motor on ice maker model

Customer Question

I forgot where the wire connect on motor on ice maker model ed5fhexvb00
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So it's a bit hard to describe, but the wire harness pluggs into the lower left corner of the icemaker just behind the icemaker head if you're looking at the icemaker from the front. Below is a picture which shows how the wires are connected on this model refrigerator.

graphic

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had ask about the wiring on the motor

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.

I'm not sure what you mean The motor of the icemaker looks like the picture below, but I have no idea why you would ever disconnect the wiring.

graphic

Now if you're talking about the ice dispenser motor, below is a picture of the 3 connection points where wires go. The green wire connects to the area where the blue arrow is pointing. This is just a connection point to the frame body of the motor so you can connect the green wire to any screw if you have an "eye hole" instead of a slip on connector by just unscrewing one of the screws, sliding the eye hole under the screw, and then screwing the bolt back down.

The other 2 wires go to where the red arrows are pointing and it doesn't matter which order you connect them.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?