Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I started the wash cycle and then opened the door to add another

I started the wash cycle and then opened the door to add another garnet. I have pushed the "Pause/Cancel" button numerous times, but the washer will not restart an the number in the time remaining window keeps flashing. Also, I push the "Delay" button, which may be the problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the full model number ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I don't have it

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay hang in there for a few minutes. I need to look some things up. I'll be back shortly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay this is the model that control board has been revised to correct this problem. the He3, is the door locked now ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay open the door and theres a tag on the inside. there is a model number there can you get me that so I can look up the parts ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

118 45872 402

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay the model is 110 not 118 but thats okay I found it. this machine had a problem with the CCU's (central control unit) causing the issue you have. Main Control Board(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product View this will need to be ordered and replaced. its not cheap at around $252.00. heres a link to order it. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/8182687/0026/110?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=8182687 if you remove the top of the machine tis is mounted under there. I wish I had better news, sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do I get the machine to turn off? It's still on and keeps flashing - can't turn it off

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
the only thing you can do is unplug it until you get the part unfortunately. the CCU has failed and theres no response to shut it down.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If the board is defective why do I have to pay to have it replace? I think I will lodge a complaint with Sears since this was not my fault.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can lodge a complaint. they had problems with these and had to redesign the ccu. unfortunately I cant be sure if they will replace it for you although a lot of the time they will send you the part for no charge. I have nothing to do with Sears so i cant say for sure. I hope they do though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
have a great day. Please don't forget to rate me 3 or above so I get credit for assisting you. thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.