Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I started the wash cycle and then opened the door to add another

I started the wash cycle and then opened the door to add another garnet. I have pushed the "Pause/Cancel" button numerous times, but the washer will not restart an the number in the time remaining window keeps flashing. Also, I push the "Delay" button, which may be the problem.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the full model number ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I don't have it

okay hang in there for a few minutes. I need to look some things up. I'll be back shortly
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks

okay this is the model that control board has been revised to correct this problem. the He3, is the door locked now ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

okay open the door and theres a tag on the inside. there is a model number there can you get me that so I can look up the parts ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

118 45872 402

okay the model is 110 not 118 but thats okay I found it. this machine had a problem with the CCU's (central control unit) causing the issue you have. Main Control Board(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product View this will need to be ordered and replaced. its not cheap at around $252.00. heres a link to order it. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/8182687/0026/110?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=8182687 if you remove the top of the machine tis is mounted under there. I wish I had better news, sorry.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I get the machine to turn off? It's still on and keeps flashing - can't turn it off

the only thing you can do is unplug it until you get the part unfortunately. the CCU has failed and theres no response to shut it down.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If the board is defective why do I have to pay to have it replace? I think I will lodge a complaint with Sears since this was not my fault.

Yes you can lodge a complaint. they had problems with these and had to redesign the ccu. unfortunately I cant be sure if they will replace it for you although a lot of the time they will send you the part for no charge. I have nothing to do with Sears so i cant say for sure. I hope they do though.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK

have a great day. Please don't forget to rate me 3 or above so I get credit for assisting you. thanks and well wishes, Bryan