Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

2000 series washer does not drain completely when spinning

2000 series washer does not drain completely when spinning out
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you explain what you mean by not draining completely? Is there actually water in the tub when you remove the clothes? Or are the clothes just soaking wet? Also, can I get the full model number located on a sticker just inside the door way?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

standing water in the drum

OK perfect. And do you have a model number or will the door not open? This is a front load washer correct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Perfect, thank you for that. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so. Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The lower front panel will then pull down and off. There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. Be careful when you unscrew the cap because some water will come out even though the unit is tipped backwards. So have lots of towels ready or a wet vac if you happen to have on. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not getting any error codes, will the washer pump out if the drain is 12" above the top of the washer?

12 inches above the top of the washer really shouldn't be too much of a problem. It's designed to handle a little bit more than the height of the washer, but it will definitely cause some problems no matter how much higher you put it above the top of the washer because the drain hose isn't really supposed to go above the top fo the washer.

As for error codes, F2 and F21 are the most common error codes you get for drain problems, but they don't have to appear for you to still have a drain issue. I would still try to clean out the drain catch and see where you stand. If you still have problems, lower the drain hose so it doesn't go above the washer and try that. And if you still have problems, replace the drain pump itself.

If the unit is new, it will be covered under sarranty.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We are not 6' above the floor, I will try the drain clean out.

Alright, good luck. The unit is brand new so I can't imagine anything being stuck inside, so it might just be that the drain line is a bit too high. If you can lower the drain to the height of the washer that will definitely help regardless of the problem.

I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?