John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a VVV Jenn AIR walloven bought in 1993 from Homke &

Customer Question

I have a VVV Jenn AIR walloven bought in 1993 from Homke & Rural in Richmond Hill. They no longer are there and on the web I can find a listing but when I call the number it turns out to be a Costco store. My question has to do with self cleaning the oven. I close the oven - then set the two dials on 'clean' but the little light light does not come on. nor do I think that the oven is heating up. When I turn the dials both to off to see if I can open the door I cannot move the opener for the oven.What gives Walter XXXXX in Newmarket

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kelly - My wife (deceased) was the expert on all gadgets.

i found a copy of a jenn air product registration dated Jan 1993 and it has a model no -W106B-C Serial no:055518dk but I don't know if this is for the wall-oven or for the stove.

I also found a picture of the wall oven Model W 246 but

when I compare the picture with the one I have there is a

difference because W 246 shows 4 round dials while our's only has two. It could possibly be model CM 200 which at that time was the new model.

Meanwhile I had no problem opening the door swhen I tried again but the inside was cold.

I called a repair shop in Newmarket and the guy told me that the self cleaning ovens had a serious design flaw. He was probably after a major repair.

The broiler worked fine because I just had a juicy tenderloin.

Walter xxxxxx

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Walter. First, I am sorry for the passing of your wife. I can imagine how hard that must be, especially when you have to assume her role in the home and attempt to master the appliances! If the oven heats in the broil cycle, the issue is likely with settings or a bake element. Will the bake element get hot if you select a bake cycle?