John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a Whirlpool side by side refrigerator purchased at Sears

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool side by side refrigerator purchased at Sears a couple of years ago. The water filter ( Kenmore 9030) is down at the bottom of the appliance, just under the freezer door. I have a difficult time getting the filter in and out, even following the directions on the box. Currently, I am unable to get the filter out. The release button will not push it out to where I can remove it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get me the full model number from the tag inside on the side wall or the ceiling ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model Number is ED2NHGXVQ01

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay so you have the cap on and you cant get it out ? when you push the release does it pop out at all ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The cap is now off. Pushing the release does nothing.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay put the cap back on, I gather you tried pull on this when you push the release to try to get it to pop out? try this. shut the water off behind the refrigerator and then drain the water at the dispenser. once the water pressure is relieved try taking it out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry, but this refrigerator is in a very tight space and is just too difficult for me to be able to do what you are asking.

I believe I will just have to call for a technician and unfortunately pay for a service call.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Oh I'm sorry, Okay, I hope all goes well thanks, Bryan