Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

replaced circuit board in ge monogram refrigerator because

replaced circuit board in ge monogram refrigerator because fans were not running properly, though the refrigerator and freezer still stayed cool. I replaced board because air turnover was slower, odors from food lingered, fans not running full strength.

now that the new board is in, the freezer and refrigerator temps are both rising (now at 28F and 42F). Tried turning off and on power to the appliance - no change.

is there some sort of reset/restart button that needs to be pushed to get the new board online or calibrated or something so it cools correctly?

I still hear fans running, not sure if at full strength thoogh
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Are the coils behind this panel packed with frost?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I went to email page to wait for notification of an answer, and didn't see expert's question on original page. finally clicked back to original page, typed in answer, but it says access denied when i hit the "reply to expert" button.
Hmm. I'm sorry, but our website has been having a few issues lately. I was just asking you a question to say:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I snap that l shaped plastic panel out? I want to be able to put it back in, and not break it when taking it out

It should just slide straight up and off once you have all the drawers and shelves out.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

wont budge - let me try for a few minutes and then check back with me?

ok good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

got one side to release (can't get it to snap back into place yet....) but the area with the horizontal slits in it looks clean and dry

You'll need to remove that plastic panel and then remove the screws going into the back panel and remove the back panel so you can tell me what you see as far as frost goes on the silver coils.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that's going to require some sort of weird shaped socket thing - not a screwdriver - hmmmmm.... I don't think this is going to work.

when I tried running the diagnostic codes (I hope you saw that message as well) 0 - 3 was a fail. how is that repaired?

That's not repaired. That's normal. Those are just slots on the board for sensors which don't exist on this model. The control board for this unit is used for many different units including built in refrigerators which actually use those sensors.

Those screws are 1/4" hex nut screws which a nut driver or a socket can remove.

Now that being said, here are you 3 possibilities.

1. You have a defrost problem. When you remove that back panel there will be lots of frost build up and that will prevent the air from circulating properly.

2. You don't have a lot of frost and the coils have some frost on top or on the bottom but not lightly frosted from top to bottom. That would mean that you need to try and clean the coils next to the condenser fan by the compressor and if you still have problems, you'll need to call a technician out to check the freon pressure.

3. The silver coils are lightly frosted from top to bottom. Somehow the control board wasn't installed properly or the wrong board was installed.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is wr55x10942 correct board for GE zfsb23dre?

No actually. WR49X10152 is the board you need for your model.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hmmm, I thought I got the correct model number from the GE site. I will have to look into it.

Thanks for your help!

Based on the model number you gave me, that isn't the correct part. So either the model number is XXXXX or that part you ordered was incorrect.