Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

frigidaire 27" wide washer dryer, washer wont start after

frigidaire 27" wide washer dryer, washer won't start after being off balance; not the lid switch, circuit breaker. or clogged water line
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon : Hello
Jon : my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized frigidaire and Electrolux service tech and I can help you today.
Jon : what is the full model number of the machine?
Jon : was the washer severely off balance to the point where it was quite loud and shaking violently?
Jon : if yes, then you may have tripped the balance sensor in the machine. And if you have done that it would be easy to fix. Just get back to me here and I will help you more.
Jon : thanks
Customer:

where is the balance sensor

Jon : It depends on the model.
Jon : usually it is located inside the machine just next to the left side of the tub. Sometimes connected to the damper or tub support.
Jon : To get at it depending no model, you have to remove the front lower access panel or back access panel to expose the switch. Then reset the switch by pressing the button inThe center
Jon : nowcenter now, please realize that not all model machine have this switch. Which is why I asked for the model number.
Customer:

the model # XXXXXNNN-NN-NNNN (0904)

Jon : I'll check it for you.
Jon : the model will start with a few letters then have numbers. The number you gave me above is more like a serial number.
Jon : If you open the door and look around the door frame you should see the model and serial sticker. Please tell me what the full model and serial numbers are from that sticker.
Jon : Thanks
Jon : once I have the full model numberI can better help you.
Customer:

THE # XXXXX XXXXX

Customer:

XEO1707932

Customer:

Sorry, but the internet went down for a while, and I could not get back to you

Jon : No worries. Let me check your model info and get back to you here on 30 mins.
Jon : Thanks.
Customer:

Thank-you so much!

Jon : You got it.
Jon : Ok. I'm back
Jon : thank you for the model info. I have the diagrams and diagnostic check guides for your machine. It is one i am very familiar with.
Jon : This is a stackable unit. Dryer ontop and washer on bottom. One unit though.
Customer:

Good news

Customer:

Yes

Jon : ok first. Just so I know, the washer is the issue, correct? It will not fill or wash or do anything, correct?
Customer:

Correct

Jon : ok.
Jon : And you said that the power is there to the machine and the lid switchIs good, correct?
Customer:

Yes

Jon : just so I know, how were you able to tell the lid switch is good? The only reason I am double checking your method of checking is because the lid switch on this machine is the most popular part to fail when you have this complaint. .
Customer:

I bypassed it 6 months ago

Jon : ok. A this same problem happen previously. And you jumped out the switch and it worked for a while. But now it is doing the same thing? Or did the machine previously just not spin or fill?
Jon : above it is supposed to say and. After the ok.
Customer:

Previously the machine did nothing

Jon : Sorry. Stupid auto correct.
Jon : ok. So just like now
Jon : how did you jump out the lid switch? Cut and splice the wires together that ran to the lid switch?
Customer:

This time it was off balance, shut down, and now does nothing

Jon : That is common on this machine. If the machine thinks the lid is open or if the lid switch is bad and fails in open position, then the washer will do nothing.
Jon : ok. Gotcha
Jon : hereGotcha here is what I need for you to do.
Jon : do you have a multi meter to do some checking with?
Jon : if you do follow these steps below and tell me what you find?
Customer:

No, there is a button on the switch that gets depressed when the lid closes, so it is taped down. I've untaped it, but I coud directly splice the wires

Jon : ok. Yes. First do that. But first unplug the machine. Then cut and splice the wires going to that switch together. And make sure that the wires are taped together with no way of grounding out. Then plug the machine back in and try it out.
Jon : i am thinking that since this has happened before and you only just taped the lid switch down, that since it has shaken violently it might have totally damaged the lid switch. So go ahead and jump it out. But please be very careful doing so.
Jon : after you do that get back to me her and let me know what happens. If it works, great. You can either leave it jumped out, which I don't recommend by the way, or buy and install another lid switch. Which I can get the info for you so you can order the part cheaply.
Jon : of the switch jumped out doesn't fix the machine get back to me here and I will walk you through want you need to check with the meter so we can test to see what is the issue.
Jon : if the switch being jumped out solves the problem and you would not like to get the switched replaced, it only cost about $40 by the way, and you feel satisfied with my help, please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat. That is the only way I get credit for helping you. And if you have more questions after positively rating me please feel free to get back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.
Jon : thanks.
Customer:

I do not have a meter here, so I'll try splicing While splicing that, I noticed another frayed wire behind it, and that was the problem. So thank-you, for all your patient help, I am back in business, and will give you a super positive rating!

Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
There was some problems with the live chat feature with the website so I switched to questions and answer format. Please respond back to me here the same way you were before and we can continue chatting.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

I noticed that you have not given me the positive rating yet. This is the only way us experts get compensated for helping you. What you have paid already is just a deposit to get your question listed on the main question page. And that deposit goes to the website, not me.

So please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat now with ok service or better rating so that I may get credit for helping you. And if you ever have more questions on this machine please feel free to get back in touch with me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thank you.