Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our machine is not finishing the cycle. It is making around

Customer Question

Our machine is not finishing the cycle. It is making around as if it is working but it is not moving the clothes back and forth. Also, the timer is saying at the same number of minutes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you just let the washer run when it hits the same number of minutes (and I mean let it run for about 30 minutes) an error code should appear on the display starting with an F if the control board is detecting a problem. Can you try running a cycle and tell me if an error code eventually appears when the timer gets stuck?

Also, can I get the full model number located on a sticker around the frame of the door way? You should be able to see it if you open the door.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ant get the machine to change anything. I tried resetting it, change the type of cycle etc. I also do t know what the model is. I think that info is inside the door. The model is duet and its a stackable, about 6 yrs old.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK it sounds like your control board is a bit confused right now but possibly the door is not opening which is why you can't get the model number so lets fix that issue. You first need to unplug the washer or turn the circuit breaker off. Next, there are 2 or 3 screws below the lower front panel that you'll need to unscrew (should be 1/4" hex nut screw) Once you remove these screws the lower front panel will pull down, forward, and off. If you reach up behind the upper front panel there is a plastic pull tab at the bottom of the door latch assembly. Pull down on this tab and that will manually unlock the door so that you can open the door. At this point you can get the model number.

Now that you have unlocked the door, plug the washer back in, shut the door, and see if you can reset the cycle if the washer is un-confused. If you are still unable to change the type of cycle or cancel it or do anything like that, you need to order and replace your main control board because it has just failed for one reason or another.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?