John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Hello. We have a 2010 GE Café Series Dishwasher - we are tired

Customer Question

Hello. We have a 2010 GE Café Series Dishwasher - we are tired of having to pay repair people in our area for that series...if you get to give advice make sure no one buys this series, but I digress. It is not draining, we are assuming that it is clogged
because of food, it sounds like the pump is trying to work. So we want to know how to take it apart to clean the filters, it is not as easy as it sounds as the 'spinner' is in the middle of the piece that needs to come off. Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the model number so we can better assist you ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CDWT980R10SS
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hi I,m John I will help you with the d/w not draining .To get to the pump the d/w has to be removed from the cabinet, to clan the sump at the right rear corner push down on the spray arm and turn counter clockwise to remove the spray arm then squeeze the screen on the rear right corner to clean out the sump , If you require more assistance let me know please .
I will send you a breakdown of the pump .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I am wondering if you know where we can order parts? when we went to take it out a little piece of a something-or-other broke off. Thanks for your help. The breakdown of the pump will be good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how does this work? can we ask you questions? ie.how can we take the door off so it is easier to work on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We had taken that little screen from the bottom right corner off already (before connecting) we are wondering about the bigger screen that is on the bottom - under the spray arm, that one that appears sealed in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any other ideas? we took the arm off...cleaned everything...still clogged
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
You have to pull the unit out and remove the water pump, the center screen removal is not necessary .
You can ask as many questions as necessary to solve the problem .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for the help...while following your suggestions we accidentally discovered it to be a combo problem with the clogged dishwasher and our hose that drains the dishwasher under our sink (just in case someone else needs to know that :-). All better now! Thanks.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
I,m glad you got it repaired, if you require help in the future please ask for me .
Thanks and God bless .