Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE CAFE cook top range - When I attempted to turn

Customer Question

I have a GE CAFE' cook top range - When I attempted to turn one of the stove tops on
the coils would NOT light up...However the little red lights tht are on either side of the knobs DID go on- but NOT the HOT COOKTOP light since the coils would not ignite.

This unit is not quite a year old &* this has never happened before. You should no that
the panel is extremely sensitive- if you just BRUSH PAST it, SOME topic will become
"highlighted" (which means half the time I spend cxl the action) But THIS is not the
problem- I may have accidently hit something on the panel- I just don't no WHAT!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

Good morning, Does the oven part work ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm, so sorry but I don't know what other info I can possibly supply you with...Is there any way we can speak on the phone?

Problem is that I have to get to the drugstore which closes at 3:00 on Sunday so I really wudnt have the time to do this at THIS minute...

Is there any way we could set up a TIME for when I return?

Thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
sorry its against company policy to call customers, if you come and reply I'll try to help. does the oven work ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have filled in your survey but I cud find NO PLACE to SUBMIT!

All my responses were in your favor. However I am sorry tht you could not give me a response as I could no longer stay on the line& you did not reply when I asked if we could speak by phone..

Everyone was very nice. As I said in my survey response, I eventually had to call GE- who wud not help in getting me a swift apt & wanted me to wait 3 weeks. I contacted the store where I purchased it under a year ago & THEY helped. You all were very nice. Thank you for trying. Mrs. D.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Good to hear you got the help you needed. Sorry I was unable to call you. thanks and have a great day ! Bryan