Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My p4 safety cook switches off while baking its driving me

Customer Question

My p4 safety cook switches off while baking its driving me up the wall cakes are flat and baking isnt fun any more. It never use to do this. When I try to ignite the gas again after it turned on it takes a very long time to flame up again making a mess of what evers cooking. Please please help I'm at my whits end. Kind regards
Erika [email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Hi I,m John I will help you with your gas oven .
Can you send me the complete model number please ,you may have an igniter problem .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mod. P4176ps50

Volt 220

Power max (kw) 14.7

Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I’m Michelle a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Michelle~Moderator
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am a little dissapointed at not having been assisted in this problem and would like to get an answer as soon as

Thank you we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Michelle
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 3 years ago.

Hello again :)

We are still working with our professionals to find you the best possible match. But I wanted to touch base to see if you were still needing our professional's assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely apologize for the extended wait time.

Thank you,

Gina~Moderator
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! If it is taking a long time to light and shutting off intermittently, the electric igniter for the oven is likely weak and hot holding the valve open or the valve is bad. I would start by replacing the igniter.