Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a single KitchenAid wall oven - KEBC147KSS04 - have

Customer Question

We have a single KitchenAid wall oven - KEBC147KSS04 - have had problems with heat sensor before - this time the cleaning cycle went fine; but when we punched "Bake" and 360 or 400 degrees the panel continues to show "low" and the oven does not heat.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

SO this is not a problem with the temperature sensor. When the oven stops heating after self clean (or even sometimes broiling) because there is a thermal fuse on the back of the oven that monitors if the oven gets too hot. Now the problem with these thermal fuses is that they are set at such a low tolerance that they will fail even when nothing is wrong if you run the unit through self clean since it gets so hot. You'll need to uninstall the entire oven and remove the back panel to access the thermal fuse you need to replace. To avoid the issue in the future, just turn the self clean time down to something like 2:30 instead of 3:30.

CLICK HERE FOR PART

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I see you gave me a negative rating. Was there something I could help you with to improve that rating? The answer is accurate and I wish I could give you an easier solution, but I hope you understand that I can't control the way your machine is built or the way it fails.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am so disgusted with this damn oven - nothing short of getting it running without additional expense was going to make me happy. I bet I have spent nearly a thousand dollars in repairs for probably this same problem. The last repair man was certain he had fixed the problem by crimping the bracket for the sensitive device so it would not be in direct contact with the rear of the oven and gave us a six month guarantee. The six months is up on July 18th - I asked my wife to clean it yesterday to confirm we had finally solved the reoccurring problem - the oven wasn't really that dirty and she did run it at the minimum 2-1/2 hours. I will call service technician tomorrow. I apologize......Tom

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I understand how your upset with the oven, but please understand that I did not make your oven and don't deserve a bad rating for telling you what the problem is. I'm only here to help. Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Actually your service was fine and I'm willing to pay whatever you are due - I just get so mad at the company - they never admit any fault and customers just keep paying. I'm usually a pretty good guy - please forgive me...Tom

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It's completely understandable. Thank you for clarifying and if you need anything else, please let me know.