Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

I have a Simpson Eziset 500 dryer. I have replaced the lint

I have a Simpson Eziset 500 dryer. I have replaced the lint filter spigot, and now the main drive belt is too loose despite being looped through the drive and idler pulleys. Even with the tensioner spring disconnected it is still loose.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

If the dryer ws running before you changed the spigot, I suspect the belt routing is not correct.

Can you upload a picture of it please, and ill check?

Also, can you recheck the full model number please?

Thanks.

Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rob. Thanks for the reply. I'll try to get some photo's tonight, but as far as I can see there are only two pulleys - the drive pulley and the idler pulley and only one way to put the belt on, but I'll get a couple of photo's and we'll see how we go!

Thanks,

Simon

Hi Simon

Great.
Use the paper clip icon.

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rob,

It is a Simpson Ezyset 500 dryer. I cannot post any pictures as I get an error message relating to the server........not sure what is going on.

Simon

Hi Simon

Im sorry, im not sure what is wrong with the system that it wont allow you to upload a picture, I will report it to the site.

I cant find a routing diagram for this, to send to you, so I will opt out. Hopefully someone else has a copy of one and will respond to you. You will then get a message from the site.
In the meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this message as this will lock your question

Thanks
Rob
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help you with your problem. Open the following url on belt diagrams. These seem to be most of the diagrams out there. Is the idler pulley free and clear to turn.

http://www.repairclinic.com/Dryer-Belt-Diagrams

Hope this helps, and thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Farrell. Thanks for the link to the diagrams. There weren't any that looked like my Simpson Eziset 500, however I have managed to solve the problem.

Morning, glad you were able to figure out your problem. Have a good day!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here