Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a commercial whirlpool washing machine cam2742tq3 .

I have a commercial whirlpool washing machine cam2742tq3 . i already had a technician look at it and told me it needed a timer because it was only giving 5 inches of water for the rinse cycle. he wanted to charge me 300 dollars to replace the timer . he had already worked on another appliance during the same visit. i decided i would order the part myself . i put the new timer in myself. it still only puts in 5 inches of rinse water. i called to find out what the correct range should be. whirlpool tech support told me 7-9 inches. i've looked at many troubleshooting pages and i am stumped.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

I cannot see why the tech said the timer when the water level is controlled by the pressure switch only,,, when it says it has enough water it moves the timer to the next postiion, you can click on the blue link below to order it..

Click Here

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is two water level switches. one for high and one for low water level. i believe the low water level sw itch is for rinse.

Looking at the wiring diagram it shows that the one I listed should be for the rinse cycle water level
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I changed the low pressure switch and now getting 6 to 61/2 inches of rinse water . tennents are hosing water into the washer to bring level up . I have already purchased a timer and a low water level switch. whirlpool told me it suppose to give 7 to 9 inches.

The water level i sfigured from the outer tub, not the inner tub of the unit, so there is about1.25 inches below the inner tub, so 6 1/2 inches would put it in the ball park from the specs sheet.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My tennents add conditioner to the rinse cycle and they know they used to get more rinse water . it causes rough treatment to delicates. this is unacceptable to them.

According to the tech sheet you can get a deeper rinse cycle, if the unit is for out of country use, they install a jumper from the pressure switch to the timer to allow for a deep fill..

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Hello my name is Joe, I see oh opted out but I wanted to give you my opinion.

I do a lot of commercial washer and I run in to the same issue. Every new washer to meet government efficiency guidelines now use a low water rinse. The washer is only supposed to fill with about 6 inches off water. This is only to rinse what soap is left from the clothing it is not another wash cycle. You tenants should be using much less soap and it will run fine.

With that said its nearly impossible to get tenants to believe anything you say and they want it the way they think it should be. What I do is I replace the rinse pressure switch by ordering the wash pressure switch, this way the rinse fills to the same level as a wash cycle. You will have to close of one of the tubes because you will no longer need it but it does work and everyone is happy.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

The part number for the wash pressure switch is W10414164