Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Make: GE Profile Model: PTWN 6050 mowt Fabric belt caught

Make: GE Profile
Model: PTWN 6050 mowt

Fabric belt caught under agitator.

I am not strong enough to pop the agitator out. I tried a strap under it and wooed as a leverage bar to pop it out nothing budged.

Any advice on how a 95lb woman can remove the big plastic infusor (agitator) hood for this GE model?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

Some of these lift up, others have to twist off.
Can you recheck the model number please as I cant find that number,?

Thanks.
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes still looking for help.

GE profile

On GE site they have this:

Model: PTWN6050

My model has MOWT added to the end of the model

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Debbie

Thanks for the information.
Unfortunately I cant find any technical details on this model number, so ill opt out while I continue to look.
This opens the question to others as well
If any of us find an answer for you, we will respond and you will get a message from the site.

In the meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this message as this will lock your question

Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok thank you.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using this service.

On your model that agitator is held in by a screw. You need to pop the dispenser cap off the top of the agitator. There is a screw/bolt under it, then the agitator will slide out. The agitator looks like this when you pop the dispenser off.

Agitator WH43X10054      Main Product View
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dispenser is flush mount, can't get it popped off with small screw driver. There is a very small hole on top of dispenser is this a release for the dispenser?

The cover just pops out. You can use the hole to try and get it of, but it does just pop out then you can get at the bolt.