Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Hitachi front loading washing machine has stopped working.

My Hitachi front loading washing machine has stopped working. It is nine years old. Is it worth fixing or do they only last this long?
what exactly is this doing or not doing ? Is it showing any fault codes ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The active indicator light flashed which is when I checked and cleaned the water inlet strainers. Restarted the machine and it stopped again with the active indicator light flashing again.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The ACTIVE indicator light flashed, so I cleaned the strainers in the water supply hose and the strainer into the washing machine. Then the END indicator light started to flash after the cycle had progressed a bit more. Water drainage pipe appears to be clear.

I'm Sorry we were havin severe thunderstorms last night and lost power , That means the machine isnt getting water or not enough water. you removed the hose and cleaned the small screen in the hose itself ? graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. Got hold of some pliers today and pulled out and cleaned the screen in the machine. Have just started the machine up. I'll let you know if it stops again if that's ok. Deb

Okay let me know if its running now, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It stopped again and is flashing the END indicator light again! Deb

Okay Debbie, let me do some more research on that, I'll be back as soon as I can.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Bryan. Do you think the machine is worth fixing? It seems like it is more than a minor fault. I've cleaned the pump twice, the drain hose is draining and I've cleaned both strainers. I think I'm over this machine. Deb

I'm sorry I had to sign off last night, it was my birthday,company came by, give me a minute to take another look. Replacing that machine is up to you, these do have a lot of issues and the main control is most likely your issue, thats very expensive. I would definately think about replace the machine. hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help Bryan. I'll get a new machine today!

Happy birthday for yesterday, Deb.