Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

we have a Maytag Neptune front loading washing machine, about

Customer Question

we have a Maytag Neptune front loading washing machine, about 10 years old. I think laundry may have gotten caught in the door when I shut it so the bottom did not close tight, "do" came on in the time area on the panel and now we can't get the door to open or close tight after hitting the pause/start or off buttons. Can you help, please and thank you???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So "do" means that the washer thinks the door is open. Now to open the door right now, you need to open the dispenser lid and remove the bleach and softener compartment. There should be a plastic cable that you can pull to manually unlock the door so that you can open the door and remove the clothing that may have become lodged between the door and the front of the door gasket.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my husband removed the compartment, pulled the cable and the door opened. no clothing had fallen to jam the door. then when we closed the door and hit start, water began running and stopped; "do", then "FL" showed in the time area. after four repeated attempts, machine seems to be working but we are looking for thoughts on what caused the problem and wondering if repaired or if we should contact a repairman. thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
So "do" means "door open" and "FL" means "failed door lock. Unfortunately the door lock assembly just needs to be ordered and replaced because it has failed. So this is probably something you need to call a repairman for I'm afraid to say.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you again for your help! No more questions at this time but it is so nice to know you/someone is there to help! We rated your service as "excellent"! On Sundays our pastor asks before Mass if there is anything anyone is thankful for and I said "the online Maytag repairman"! You got prayers and I got a laugh :)

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and I wish you only the best.