Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

FL code on samsung washer wf340ang

FL code on samsung washer wf340ang
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

Randy 43 :

hello, does the door latch and stay closed? will the machine just lite up and shut off right away? thx Randy

Customer:

hi randy. the door latch stays closed

Customer:

the machine will stop the cycle seconds after i press start, and then flash the FL error code

Randy 43 :

What ive seen is the bottom half of the door latch assembly comes apart and will not engage all the contacts inside that Latch ..FL is also a door latch error , you can peel the spring of the door boot and remove the 3 screws that hold the latch onto the front panel and pull it out to visually check it , but im pretty sure that latch is bad

Customer:

is there any way to override this error?

Randy 43 :

the front of the boot has a spring that holds it in

Randy 43 :

no you cant overide it because everything runs thru the latch ,it wont allow it to start until it senses the door is closed

Customer:

ok.

Customer:

so can you walk me through the steps of checking the latch?

Randy 43 :

yes ,do you see the 3 screws that hold the latch in place?

Randy 43 :

when door open

Customer:

i only see two screws that hold the part on the door which is inserted into the plastic white part. which is surrounded by another two screws

Randy 43 :

also around the front boot there is a spring in the fold of that boot you put a little screwdriver or something plastic under that spring and pry around till the spring comes off,then remove the 3 screws and pull the latch out thru the opening of peeling the boot off the rim of the front panel

Customer:

sorry - where is the boot

Customer:

sorry - dumb question

Randy 43 :

Door Latch DC97-16899A     Main Product View
Full Size Image

Randy 43 :

boot is the grey rubber right around the door

Randy 43 :

lip at the front has a spring in that little edge

Randy 43 :

spring sometimes reqs another set of hands to reinstall

Customer:

alright

Customer:

i feel like perhaps we are dealing with different models, here.

Randy 43 :

according to the model those pics came up , all front loaders have the grey boot and the latch has the 2 openings like the picture?

Randy 43 :

Door Boot Seal DC97-14932B     Main Product View
Full Size Image

Customer:

the latch has one opening.

Randy 43 :

spring around boot

Randy 43 :

Wire - Part #(NNN) NNN-NNNNMfg Part # XXXXX
Full Size Image

Randy 43 :

Full Size Image

Randy 43 :

ok , still the same access

Randy 43 :

2 screws around square and 1 more up top

Customer:

ok

Customer:

i see them

Customer:

unscrew them?

Randy 43 :

yes to take out latch and or replace but you need to have a opening to take it out ,that is why you take the spring and peel the boot a little so you can take it out or visually check it right there in the opening from the boot

Customer:

got it

Customer:

thanks

Randy 43 :

ok any questions let me know

Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert