Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Amana gas dryer trips the circuit breaker every time when

My Amana gas dryer trips the circuit breaker every time when I plug in. The plug and breaker are fine.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Does it trip as soon as you plug it in, or just when you try to start the dryer?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the first 2 times it tripped when I tried to turn it on then I noticed the cord was warm so I unplugged it waited 20 minutes then plugged it in and it tripped right away

OK so if it trips as soon as you plug it in, the issue is either your timer, your control board, or possibly the power cord itself. You need to open up the control panel and disconnect all the wires going to the control board. Plug it in and if it doesn't trip any more, replace the control board. If it continues to trip, disconnect all the wires to the timer. If it doesn't trip any more, replace the timer. Now if it still trips, something is just wrong with the power cord and you need to replace the power cord.