Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert

Hi, My Kenmore dryer is suddenly making a loud vibrating noise

Customer Question

Hi, My Kenmore dryer is suddenly making a loud vibrating noise when in use. How can this be repaired? thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.

Randy 43 :

hello, can you give me the model number again? it will be 3 numbers a dot then more numbers ..is the noise a constant vibration? like something stuck in a fan ? thx Randy

Randy 43 :

hi, the model only comes up as xxxx's unless you put the dot in the model thx

Customer :

sure: XXXXXXXXX The noise is a constant vibration- like something stuck in the fan.

Customer :

592.891080

Customer :

how's that?

Randy 43 :

ok thx ,give me a few minutes

Customer :

five nine two.eight nine one zero eight zero

Randy 43 :

sorry, is it possible a number may be wrong? because that still isnt coming up ?

Customer :

seems to be the right model number

Randy 43 :

how old is the dryer?

Randy 43 :

i cant find anything that starts with 592..ill repost your question for another tech

Customer :

about four years

Customer :

hi

Customer :

any advice or should I log off?

Randy 43 :

ok i found some info on that , it looks like it was a samsung built dryer made for Kenmore ..if it is a constant vibration ,there is a good chance that something has gotten into the blower wheel of the dryer ,blower wheel is driven by the motor and spin fast so anything in there will make a bunch of noise ..it can be accessed ,depends on your mechanical ability ?you first need to remove the top ,2 screws at the back of the top then slide the top towards the rear

Customer :

anyway to access through the front? the dryer is in a tight closer on top of the washer

Customer :

I meant "closet"

Randy 43 :

if it has the full front ,and no access panel? then the front has to come off ,top then 4 screws across the top of the control panel and then 4 more screws that hold the front panel on , it is a pain if it is stacked ,service companies bring a 2nd tech on those calls

Randy 43 :

make sure that there is nothing between the felt and the drum at the front panel first , open the door and stick something plastic in between the front felt and the seam of the drum and run it around to make sure a zipper or something else isnt stuck

Randy 43 :

if it is all clear it would most likely be something in the blower

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.