Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

my viking oven has gone through 3 igniters since you last help

my viking oven has gone through 3 igniters since you last help me fix it... before the igniter use to glow but would not ignight the the igniter will not even glow, I have replaced the igniter, but it still does nothing, not even glow

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 32 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs under my belt.

Have you verified the igniter is even getting voltage to it ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, I havent ...test it at the wires that g onto the igniter ? if no voltage where do I check next.....

Yes test it at the wire to the igniter .

I do not have a wire diagram or even a parts breakdown for this model since it is not in the states or nothing is shown anyway.

If it has an electronic control you need to follow the wire fron the igniter to the control and test there to ground .

If it is a mechanical control you will need to check there to ground .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will test this tonight and get back you with tomorrow......thank you

No problem at all Brad good luck .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good morning Woody

There are two red wires that run from the electronic control to the igniter, the one with a white stripe on it, it has 120 volts when you turn the oven knob on, no voltage on the other red wire...

The oven is on an island 5 miles from were I am staying, I will be going back out there this afternoon..

Thanks for your help

Check the red white to the red looking for 120 volts .

Red white is common and red is neutral .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when I turn the oven controlknob on, I get get 120 volts throught the red/white wire going down to the igiter, then coming out of the igniter, I get 120 that goes into a red wire, but the red wire doesn't go back to the oven control knob, it feeds back and plugs into some type of module...

Is there a way to send you some pictures ? of the oven control and the module in the back of the oven.....

No the red wire does not go back to the control knob it goes to the gas valve.thrue the gas valve and then to Neutral .

Which I have to assume you have a gas valve issue ,which is not giving you a path to neutral =thus the igniter does not glow

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the help Woody....I will replace the gas valve

No problem

Brad good luck .