Appl-Tech
Appl-Tech, Service Technician
Experience:  Over twenty seven years in the appliance service business

I have a Bosch SHE46C02UC Dishwasher. It has been working

I have a Bosch SHE46C02UC Dishwasher. It has been working fine since March 2007. It now stuck at 1 during wash and I have to manually drain the water. The water is hot when I open to check. Checked Bosch web site, and my dishwasher is not subjected to the recall. How do I fix this? Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thanks for letting us answer your questions. We appreciate your business!

Unfortunately, this is a very common issue and it means that your control board inside the door has failed. The relay that sends power to the heater has failed and it will run forever trying to heat the water which will never happen and it'll get stuck on 1 minute left.
Even though you feel the water is hot, the heater has to trip a sensor before it will complete the cycle.

To access the control board, just open the door and remove all the screws around the border of the door except the 2 down by the bottom of the door hinge, just loosen those two. Once you have those out, remove the 2 coming in from the sides of the control panel (left and right). The control panel will then pull off and you can access the control board inside. Remove the control panel and there are 3 tabs on the bottom of the control board you need to depress. Push on the tabs and remove the control board, then switch over connections one at a time and you should be good to go again.

You can purchase the part from Sears here. just pick the correct model number off the list. It will be item 101 on the control panel list.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/SHE46C02UC
.
Appl-Tech, Service Technician
Experience: Over twenty seven years in the appliance service business
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the answer. I am about to go on a one month long vacation, so I do not have time to remove the control board and look for the parts to order. I will do so when I get back. Can I get back to you when I have a chance to do the control board replacement? Will my deposit for this answer adequate for a follow-up question on the same problem later on when I get back from my vacation when I am able to work on it? I am looking at solving this within the next two months. In the meantime I can just drain the water until I replace the problem board. Short of removing the cover to get to the control board, is there a possibility for you to let me know what the control board looks like so I can look it up at the Sears web site? This way I do not have to remove the panel to peek at the board part number and then put it back so I can use the dishwasher while waiting for the part.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, you did answer my question on the part number. Thanks.

Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 1 year ago.

I need the complete model number, there is a number behind the model number thats why I gave you the link that shows all the number /17 /22 etc

You can continue to ask followup question as long as you like. Just save the question and come back to it after rating my help.