Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

JRSDE229 ice maker plastic fill tube came loose inside the

JRSDE229 ice maker plastic fill tube came loose inside the freezer.

Tried to push it back but it doesn't want to find it's place where it connects into the back. There is only a hole though a metal place and I can't see what is behind.

Any easy trick to push this thing back in place?

Freezer is now filling on the bottom with water and I have shut off the water supply for now
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if you keep working at it, you can push the plastic tube back into the hole blindly and get it to attach properly. But if that just isn't working out for you, pull the refrigerator forward and locate the spout on the back of the refrigerator where the water line going to the icemaker connects (should be right behind the icemaker). This part will pull off. If you grab it with channel locks and twist it 45 degrees counter clockwise, it should just pull straight back and out. Now you can connect the fill hose behind the refrigerator and push it through the hole to the icemaker so that you make twist the spout back into place again.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I removed the water line in the back

I can rotate the rubber coupling 45 degree Counter Clock wise but the white part refuses to be pulled from the back.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It's definitely tough to pull out because it's held in by the insulation through the back panel. But if you keep twisting and pulling on it, it will pull out the back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There was no way it wanted to come out.

I ended up removing the icemaker and the back panel to locate the exact position.

I place the plastic back panel back and knowing where the location of the connection was inserted the pipe back in.

Next I returned the icemaker and the two tracks.

It now works again like a charm,

Thanks for your help, you pointed me in the right direction where to look

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, I'm not sure why it didn't want to pull out, but I'm glad you got it all back, up, and running again one way or another.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.