Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

WATER IS COMING OUT DRAIN HOSE HOLE AS ITS FILLING ?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Is the drain hose sitting in a stand pipe 3-4 ft off the ground?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

IT WAS ABOUT 3 FEET IN UTIL. SINK. AND THERES NOTHING TO HOLD HOSE IN HOLE IT JUST PUSHES IN ? IS THERE SUPPOSED TO BE FIXED IN THERE SOME HOW ?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
The hose normally has a fixing that holds it to the sink, If the hose is in the sink then that's fine, Either one of two things are going on here, either the machine is siphoning off the water or the pump has failed.

First drain the water completely from the machine, to do this take the hose out of the sink, lay the hose in a pan or something to collect the water then set the machine to a spin cycle. Once the machine is completely empty put the hose back in the sink and try a new cycle.

If this does not correct the problem then the pump will need to be replaced.

Click here to order the pump

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

same washer won't spin sounded like belt broke how do I get to the belt ?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Grab a putty knife, slide it between the top and front panel about 3 inches from each end, Push the clips holding the front panel in place, it should pop out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok took apart, spins freely empty. I put wet shit back in and spins for 15sec then locks up.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
can you look at the motor, there should be a small led light, can you tell me if this is flashing and if so how many times.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

don't see any led

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok take the belt off then turn the main pulley under the tub both ways, it should turn both ways fairly easy, if you cant turn it one way then the transmission is bad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

im thinking so thanks for your help

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.

Thank you for the positive rating. It was my pleasure helping you today. Please get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I also have this model roper ras8333rq4 wont spin at all either and made banging noise for a long time prior to not working at all ? which one would be easier fix or the better one to fix ?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
The roper since the likely problem is the lid switch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok and as far as banging around ? and can I wire that so its just on till I can get a switch by jumping wire ?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
the banging is either the support springs have broken or the damper pads under the drum have worn. You can jump the lid switch by joining the two gray wires on the outside of the switch together, the middle green one is the ground.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

where are support springs near top will I see ? and tnks again

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
The springs will be at the rear, they will hook up to the base of the tub and run down to the floor.

Your welcome.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so I gota take the hole cover off

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Yes below is a video that will show you how to do it.

Click here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok it tries to spin but very spins slowly like something is slipping.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok then it could be the motor coupler or the clutch that is bad in that case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thank now which one would be more reasonable to fix ? or are they pretty much scrap ?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
The motor coupler is about $15 and the clutch assembly is around $40 so the repair would be cheap, id disconnect the motor first then check the coupler. If the coupler is good then replace the clutch assembly.

Click here to view a video that shows you how to replace the clutch

Click heere to view a video that shows you how to replace a motor coupler.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I took it apart... coupler is good. Leaking oil out of seal on shaft. its kinda wet is this ok or do I have to fix this too?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
The oil leaking means the transmission is bad, expensive repair.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Could that be why its not spinning?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's the reason, the tranny has seized up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there a way to add fluid to that... acting like there is none in it

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
The older ones you could but now days you have to replace the tranny.