Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

After a kitchen remodel, our reinstalled Bosch dishwasher does

After a kitchen remodel, our reinstalled Bosch dishwasher does not stay secured. When you open the door, it tips forward. The screws on top come out. Our contractor, who has reinstalled it each time this happens, said our dishwasher must vibrate but it does not. There is absolutely no movement whatsoever. We feel it has not been installed properly but we do not have the old installation instructions. It is SMU 2000/4000 series. Do you know what the problem may be and/or can you forward installation instructions?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately Bosch did not make digital guides on units this old so you can't get the installation instructions for this dishwasher. That being said, installing this dishwasher is quite easy. There are just 2 screws at the top of the doorway which can be seen if you open the door. These screw into the bottom of your countertop. Now before you screw these screws in (because they will just strip out over time due to the movement of opening and closing the door) you need to level your dishwasher first. Remove the lower kick panel below the door and raise the front feet until the dishwasher front touches the bottom of the countertop. Do the same with the feet for the back of the dishwasher. Raise it until the dishwasher is level. Then push the dishwasher back into place and install these 2 screws. If you don't have the dishwasher installed so that the lip of the top is touching the countertop, it will move too much and pull the screws out.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!