Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

ge profile refrigerator Model # XXXXX makes ice cube only

ge profile refrigerator Model # XXXXX makes ice cube only 8 pieces, not full in the container. please answer me asap. Thanks
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Can you open the freezer door and look at the lower panel in the rear behind the shelfs, need to know if you see frost on this panel.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No frost lower panel.

Ok Mike, thanks for that, how is the temp in the freezer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

-4 F degree

Ok and to clariify the unit will make one tray of ice then it will not make any more? You have replaced the ice maker?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I replace new ice maker.

I think the ice maker makes one time ice cube 8 pieces.

and then no more make?

I'm not sure, need your help.

Ok Mike the ice maker is a simple system consisting of the ice maker and the valve, The only things that can effect the ice making system are the ice maker, the valve and the temp in the freezer.

Since the ice maker has been replaced and the temp in the freezer is good this only leaves the valve, it's possible the valve is not opening all the way or is restricted with calcium.

I would suggest by process of elimination that you replace the valve, this will likely clear up this problem.

Click here to order the replacement part

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where is the valve?

Is this water pump or not?

Yes this is the water pump, the valve that puts the water to the ice maker.

Pull the unit out from the wall then take the lower panel out, you will see this valve behind the panel. It's a fairly simple process to replace it.

Thanks!

Mike.